Isn’t it just the most wonderful feeling of all? The sand between your toes, rays of sunlight on your skin and a view of the ocean? My summers as a kid were spent at the beach house my parents (still) own. The beach has a special place in my heart. Wether it’s that same beach I ran around on when I was a kid, or a beautiful bounty beach at a tropical destination: it’s my favorite place to be.
Is it yours as well? If it it you should definitely consider a beach wedding. It is your day and you should be able to celebrate as your want – so why not do it at your most favorite place: the beach!
Perfect countries in Europe to host a beach wedding
- Portugal: especially the Algarve coast, Porto or the West coast near Lisbon.
- Spain: get married at one of the many beaches Spain has to offer and serve tapas as your wedding dinner!
- Greece: a no brainer. How about Santorini, Corfu or beautiful Crete.
- Italy: sure, most people there get married in Tuscany (which is awesome!!) but the Amalfi coast or Puglia area are home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Europe.
- Croatia: no sandy beaches here but dramatic coastlines and rugged beaches are also a magical background for your wedding.
- Ibiza: does this one need explaining? Beautiful white beaches, always sunny and home to many luxurious wedding venues (like Atzaro Ibiza).
The best part: you’ll feel like your on holiday with your closest friends and family – a unique experience. Throw a pool or beach party the day before your wedding and have breakfast at the beach the day after – what could be better right?